If you wish to improve your life and become a better person, start by breaking your bad habits and replacing them with good habits of successful people.
“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.”Will Durant
These words to live by are incredibly powerful because they’re so profoundly true. But with good habits and bad habits being so deeply ingrained, how do you break bad habits to improve yourself for a better life?
Which negative habits contribute to you struggling through an uninspiring life? Which positive habits help you develop into a happier, healthier, best woman you can be? What are the best habits to develop for success?
Before starting my own self-improvement journey, learning how to glow up, and discovering how to level up in life and lifestyle – I often felt uninspired. I often felt unorganized, lazy, unmotivated, and lacking of my vital feminine essence. I often felt I was just turning my wheels in a rut and not getting where I dreamed of going in life. This triggered feeling anxious and continually feeling discouraged.
I became fed up. And after much reading many amazing personal development books and much self-reflection, I decided to take personal development into my own hands. Starting with my habits.
The last thing I want to happen was for bad habits to form deeply embedded into my character. I didn’t want to risk waking up one morning and regretting wasting my full potential, youth, and feminine energy.
You too owe it to yourself to cultivate becoming your best self and to develop good habits that will improve your life. To take your personal development into your own hands, and not leave it to chance.
Developing good habits won’t happen overnight. But developing good habits will help make you a healthier, happier, more productive and better person overall.
So what habits of successful people will improve your life?
Here are 101 atomic habits that will help to improve your life and make you a better person.
Habits for women, of successful people, habits for a better life
1. Wake up early in the morning.
2. Make your bed.
3. Stretch your body as soon as you get out of bed.
4. Drink a tall glass of water to hydrate first thing in the morning.
5. Followed by drinking lots of water throughout the day.
6. Practice breathing deeply throughout the day.
7. Meditate before touching your phone.
8. Plan and set your priorities before starting the day.
9. Keep your life in order with a life binder.
10. Plan your year, month, and week in advance.
11. Exercise and move your body 3-5 times per week.
12. Practice visualization. Glance at your vision board.
13. Recite positive daily affirmations.
14. Practice gratitude daily.
15. Reflect on life and memories.
16. Reframe negative thoughts into positive ones.
17. Not worrying about things you can’t control.
18. Listen more than you speak.
19. Laugh and smile freely.
21. Perform a daily morning skincare routine
22. Perform a nightly evening skincare routine.
23. Use natural beauty products without chemicals.
24. Wear sunscreen daily.
25. Deep condition your hair regularly.
26. Manicure your nails regularly.
27. Clean your make up brushes.
28. Have a weekly beauty regimen.
29. Check-in on your emotional state. How are you doing?
30. Make time for self-care regularly.
31. Practice Self-care Sunday Ritual.
32. Practice self-care every day.
33. Dress up every day (no matter where you’re going). Be a well-dressed woman.
34. Prepare your clothes and outfit ideas for the week.
35. Continuously refine your style and the art of dressing well.
36. Establish clear work/rest restrictions.
37. Put things back once you finish using them.
38. Keep your home clean and tidy.
39. Practice decluttering regularly.
40. Purge your closet regularly.
41. Read non-fictional personal often.
42. Read fictional books.
43. Read erotica for women.
44. Listen to personal development audiobooks.
45. Listen to self-improvement podcasts for women.
46. Learn a new skill by taking an online course.
47. Take up a recreational hobby you enjoy.
48. Listen to uplifting music.
49. Dance like no one’s watching.
50. Have passionate sex and cuddle often.
51. Be inspired by quotes, wise words, and great ideas of successful people.
52. Peruse self-improvement blogs for women.
53. Practice writing and/or journaling.
54. Write down all your spontaneous genius ideas.
55. Practicing being confident (even if you’re not).
56. Speak only if it improves upon the silence.
57. But speak up when you do have something to say.
58. Practice good posture.
59. Do kind things for others without any expectations.
60. Volunteer for a good cause.
61. Visit loved ones regularly.
62. Tell loved ones that you love them.
63. Organize family gatherings.
64. Call to check in with your relatives.
65. Call to check up on your friends.
66. Check-in with your mentor(s).
67. Go to social events.
68. Network. Introduce yourself to someone new.
69. Do things alone.
70. Challenge your self to get out of your comfort zone.
71. Saying no to things you don’t want, without explanation.
72. Savor guilt-free time to do nothing at all, alone.
73. Travel. Plan trips and excursions.
74. Practice etiquette.
75. Cultivate how to be a classy woman.
76. Be in and appreciate nature often.
77. Soak up some sunlight.
78. Eat without your phone or TV.
79. Dine out and try new restaurants.
80. But cook more and eat more delicious meals at home.
81. Meal prep your breakfast, lunch, and dinner for the week.
82. Fill your plate with fresh, colorful fruits and vegetables at least one meal per day.
83. Reduce sugar intake.
84. Drink alcohol in moderation.
85. Spend less time mindlessly browsing the internet.
86. Set up screen time limits to keep phone and social media usage under control.
87. Go to bed at a time that allows a full night’s rest.
88. Put your phone away at least 2 hours before bed.
89. Charge your phone fare away from your bed.
90. Brush your teeth and floss twice per day.
91. Taking responsibility for yourself.
92. Take failures as feedback.
93. Feed your curiosity.
94. Track your habits.
95. Review and set goals that move you forward.
96. Leave to arrive anywhere at least 15 mins early.
97. Get good at time management and being productive.
98. Schedule things you want to get done.
99. Track and audit expenses.
100. Save at least 20% of your income.
101. Invest time in continuous self improvement and personal development.
On your own personal self-improvement journey, I want you to remember one important insight woman. Even though you’re improving and cultivating yourself to become the best person you can be, you are enough. All the greatness you aspire towards is already inside of you. You are that girl. And you are right where you need to be.
Tell us in the comments, what good habits are you currently working on developing?
ENJOYED THIS ARTICLE?
- Save this to your Self Improvement board on Pinterest.
- Join over 2.1 million monthly viewers by following us Pinterest.
- Sign up as a Bombshell Insider to get freebies, exclusive content, private event invites, and more.