Spending quality time with your best friend or platonic friends is an essential aspect of a well-rounded life. Platonic relationships with other women are important for women because they provide a sense of community and support that is often not found in other relationships.
You get to chat, vent, and just be yourselves around each other. Additionally, with a good girlfriend, you can share your feelings and experiences with one another without feeling judged, and this type of support system is essential for mental and emotional health.
Sometimes though, it’s tough to come up with platonic date ideas of fun things to do with your best friend or other platonic girlfriends. If you’re stuck in a rut, try out some of these great girlfriend activities the next time you’re planning a girls’ day.
1) Enjoy a luxury spa day.
If you’ve ever had a spa day with your bestie, then you know the magic and joy that can be experienced in just a few hours of relaxation. It’s always the perfect time to treat yourselves! You can find some amazing deals on Groupon or plan for a DIY spa day at home.
2) Have a picnic in the park.
3) Go for a walk or hike in nature.
4) Go shopping together.
5) Make Tik Toks together.
Making Tik Tok videos is a great way to show off your creative side and have some laughs with your friends. If you’re not sure how to get started, just search for some popular Tik Tok videos and see how others are using the app.
6) Make dinner together.
7) Go to a museum or art gallery.
8) Catch a movie.
9) Play tourist and explore your own city.
10) Have a luxury picnic at a local park.
A luxury picnic will make you feel like royalty as you and your besties enjoy a day of relaxation in the park. Be sure to pack some delicious food and drinks, as well as a few fun activities to keep you entertained. Get dressed up and go out for drinks or dinner.
11) Plan a girls’ trip.
12) Do a charity walk or run together.
13) Take a cooking class together.
14) Go stargazing.
15) Do a wine or beer tasting.
Wine tasting provides an opportunity for socializing, exploration and relaxation all in a single outing! The next time you’re looking for something new to do with your best friend or girlfriends, go wine tasting at a local vineyard or winery.
16) Go to a comedy show or open mic night.
17) Play tourist and visit somewhere new.
18) Have a game night.
19) Make homemade pizzas together.
20) Visit a farmers market.
Visiting your local farmer’s market is a great way to get your weekly dose of fruits and vegetables. Not only are you getting fresh, delicious produce, but you’re also supporting your local farmers.
21) Go on a scavenger hunt.
22) Go to the pool, beach, or lake.
23) Bake a cake together.
24) Make a homemade photo booth.
25) Get dressed up for a night on the town.
Sometimes it’s fun to just put on your best clothes and hit the town with your girlfriends. Whether you’re going for drinks after work or getting all dolled up for a nice dinner, getting dressed up and going out can be a great way to spend some quality time with your girlfriends.
26) Go to a concert.
27) Go for a bike ride.
28) Go rollerblading or ice skating.
29) Do a DIY project together.
30) Attend a drag queen brunch.
Who says it needs to be Sunday to enjoy tasty bites and extravagant entertainment with a girlfriend. A Drag Queen brunch in the middle of the afternoon is a fun thing to do with a best friend or two. You can also experience this kind of fun show in the evening if you prefer.
31) Go to a flea market or garage sale.
32) Make Tie-Dye shirts together.
33) Go paintballing.
34) Play tourist and visit a nearby city.
35) Go on a road trip.
Road trips are the ultimate adventure and a really fun thing to do with a best friend or two. Road trips are a great way to get away from it all while still being able to explore new places and do some sightseeing.
36) Visit a National Park.
38) Go horseback riding.
39) Take a yoga class together.
40) Spend the day at a book store.
There’s nothing quite like spending the day browsing through your favorite book store with a good friend. You can find new books to read, discuss the ones you’re reading now, and just enjoy each other’s company.
41) Plan a scavenger hunt.
42) Decorate sugar cookies.
43) Make a gingerbread house.
44) Have a snowball fight.
45) Go skiing or snowboarding.
Skiing can be a fabulous activity for you and your friends to enjoy together. It’s a fun sport that is also very much enjoyed by people of all ages, so you know it will be something everyone can participate in.
46) Make homemade hot chocolate.
47) Build a fort.
48) Do a puzzle together.
49) Watch the sunrise or sunset together.
50) Volunteer together.
51) Go bowling.
52) Go to a baseball game.
53) Go to a street fair.
54) Have a paint a sip party.
55) Plant a garden together.
56) Go to a music festival.
57) Bake bread together.
58) Go berry picking.
59) Make jam together.
60) Go window shopping.
61) Do something from your childhood that you loved.
62) Go to an arcade.
63) Play laser tag.
64) Take a nature hike.
65) See a play or musical.
66) Visit a botanical garden.
67) Check out an art gallery.
68) Go canoeing or kayaking.
69) Go to a carnival.
70) See a drive-in movie.
71) Make a list of things you want to do before the end of the year.
72) Make a list of things you want to do before you turn 30/40/50.
73) Go to a karaoke bar.
74) Have a bonfire.
75) Do something that scares you.
76) Learn a new skill together.
77) Knit or crochet together.
78) Go to a shooting range.
79) Go on a ghost hunt.
80) Walk around town and look at the Christmas lights.
81) Make New Year’s Eve plans.
82) Visit the zoo.
83) Plan your dream vacation.
84) Make a time capsule.
85) Do a 30-day challenge together.
86) Go rock climbing.
87) Start a blog together.
88) Create a YouTube channel.
89) Learn sign language together.
90) Take a trip to the beach.
91) Go camping.
92) Have a themed movie marathon.
93) Read the same book and discuss it.
94) Go to a basketball game.
95) Try a new restaurant each week for a month.
96) Make candles together.
97) Give each other makeovers.
98) Do a photoshoot together.
99) Make a scrapbook together.
100) Have a girls’ night in.
101) Get manicures and pedicures together.
It’s important to do fun social activities with other women because it strengthens relationships and allows for women to connect on a deeper level. When women get together and do things that they enjoy, it creates an opportunity for bonding and support.
There are many different fun things to do with your best friend and platonic date ideas and activities that women and girlfriends can do together, so there is sure to be something for everyone. Whether you enjoy being active or prefer more low-key activities, there are plenty of options to choose from. So get together with your girlfriends and have some fun!