Since early 2020 (around the start of quarantine), roller skating has really skyrocketed in terms of popularity. As it turns out, rolling around with wheels a-fixed to your feet is quite… fun! It’s also a fabulous way of getting outside and a great form of exercise.
Just throw on a little roller skating outfit (get cute and creative), add a great pair of wireless Bluetooth headphones (these are the ones I use) with your favorite tunes, let loose a lot, and you’ve got yourself your own little personal dance party.
All you have to do is stumble upon one of the very groovy roller skaters on Instagram or Tik Tok to be instantly inspired to go searching for the perfect pair of quad roller skates or rollerblades ASAP (I’ll link some of my favs below).
Looking for cool roller skaters on Tik Tok to follow on Instagram? Doing so is sure to add some fun, flair, and positive vibes to your timeline. And before you know it, you might even pick up a few cool moves to try of your own.
Here are some really awesome groove roller skaters to follow on Instagram and Tik Tok right now. I’ll drop a few you-tubers in there as well.
Oumi Janta is perhaps my absolute favorite roller skater to follow on Instagram. This girl is an incredibly talented groove skater on her quad skates and she also happens to be super gorgeous — she’s a real pleasure to watch.
Based in Berlin, follow Oumi Janta on Instagram for effortlessly cool skate vibes and magnificent black girl magic.
“I’m feeling super thankful! Thankful for every beautiful positive soul who support and surround me. Your vibes I can read, feel and see! Can’t describe how amazed I am from all of you! May all good energies surround you!💓”
- Follow on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/oumi_janta/
- Follow on Tik Tok: https://tiktok.com/@oumi_janta
Coco Franklin is a full-time professional roller skate and yoga instructor from Long Beach, California. After living in Europe for 6 years, she decided to move back home to the US and travels between both Europe and North America teaching roller skate and yoga retreats and workshops.
✨Never forget, being happy is your birthright ✨
- Follow on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/coco_franklin_/
- Follow on Tik Tok: https://www.tiktok.com/@gypsetcity
- Watch on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/CocoGirlee
A self-proclaimed groovy dork on WHEELS Kelsey Guy is such an inspirational roller skater on Instagram to follow. She posts quite often roller skating videos with interesting costumes and outfits and creative routines with other roller babes too. The Hocus Pocus Halloween collab she did as Mary, Winifred, and Sarah with @disht6 ✨ @neonkeon 💕 is my absolute favorite.
“Even when you feel like you ain’t doin nothin special, I’m here to remind you that “bitch you doin a GOOD JOB!””
- Follow on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/the_good_guy91/
- Follow on Tik Tok: https://www.tiktok.com/@the_good_guy91
Kamry is a Model, Stylist, and Roller Skater on Insatgram blazing the sunny streets of Los Angeles.
“Lately it feels like I’m living in a fantasy, in all the best ways. Thankful for life, inner peace, and Cali sun!”
- Follow on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kamrylorin/
- Follow on Tik Tok: https://tiktok.com/@kamcorder
Marawa is an entertainer, master hula hoop master who holds the world record for 200 hoops at once… oh, and a fabulous roller skater. Marawa has also partnered with Impala to create her own pair of very stylish roller skates (that I happen to own). Check the Marawa Rose Gold quad skate here.
- Follow on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/marawa/
- Follow on Tik Tok: https://www.tiktok.com/@marawa
A California girl with Iranian roots, Keon Saghari’s compelling Instagram profile features brilliant reels of her roller-skating around Los Angeles to upbeat tunes in fun attire surrounded by a beautiful, supportive community.
“Sometimes something as simple as closing your eyes, taking a deep breath and smiling can help you get through just about anything 💓”
- Follow on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/neonkeon/
- Follow on Tik Tok: https://www.tiktok.com/@kikirolls
Southern girl, Cali living.
“Have you ever had something that you were very passionate about and then BOOM you lost the motivation to keep it up, I know I have. But we owe it to ourselves to keep pushing towards those goals we constantly put on the back burner, we also owe ourselves grace in that process. Trust yourself and trust that you’re on the path you’re destined to be on.”
- Follow on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/oh.thatsreese_/
- Follow on Tik Tok: https://firstname.lastname@example.org
- Watch on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roJzcmRSmHI
“(Day 319/365): celebrating myself and my joy cause ya girl is gonna graduate this fall BSN WITH HONORS 😌🥳 I applied and got accepted, I’m ECSTATIC!! sigma theta tau international nursing honor society BABYYYY!!”
- Follow on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/zelinaonwheels/
- Follow on Tik Tok: https://www.tiktok.com/@zelinaonwheels
Ana Coto is a proud Latina (Cuban and Puerto-Rican) actor and dancer based in Los Angeles, CA. A former ballerina turned viral tik tok roller skater, she trained at The Miami City Ballet for more than a decade and has since incorporated dance into many of her roles.
“can’t believe it’s been a whole year since this vid… so grateful for everyone who has felt inspired to share their skate-journeys with me… if you’re reading this: I love you! han cambiado mi vida y estoy tan agraciada por todo el amor. los quiero mucho, mucho!!”
- Follow on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/anaocto/
- Follow on Tik Tok: https://tiktok.com/@anaocto
- Watch on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8_CGFK__ZRPj-5xa4PCXCA
“If the sun is out. Skates are on. Period”
- Follow on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kellllllllllls/
- Follow on Tik Tok: https://www.tiktok.com/@kellllllllllls
Funky and fine California-based Francesca is a fun and flirty roller skater follow on Instagram for inspiration. On Francesca’s IG page you can also expect to find bell-bottom pants, hot shorts, and more roller skating outfit ideas.
“Have a long day of working and all I can think about is the next skate 😅 who’s with me?”
- Follow on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/frankvinyl_skates/
Self-proclaimed Part-time Mermaid, Full-time Mystic, Dream Weaver, and Vibe Curator — Sarah Haywood is a really fun roller skater to follow on Instagram.
“The quickest way to attract good feeling things – is to do things that feel good!
For me, it’s roller skating, photography, adventures, nature, good music, and surrendering to the flow. When I’m not feeling great, I know this is the magic combo that will shift my vibration and get me back to a place where I can attract more things that feel good.”
- Follow on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/sarah_haywood/
- Follow on Tik Tok: https://www.tiktok.com/@sarah_haywood
- Watch on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7c1DNm2HMeP7685qmHiucA
This 22-year-old roller skater, content creator, college student, and host of her own IGTV series “Skate Dial,” is one to watch. In her IGTV series she reaches out to unique skaters in the community to talk about their experiences with skating, personal growth, and everything in between.
“Another day another beachside cruise! My heart is full and my mind is content!”
- Follow on Instagram: https://instagram.com/justseconds
- Follow on Tik Tok: https://tiktok.com/@jassmatazz
- Watch on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC71TeCE7LDcs28YIPUJIoWg
Last but certainly not least by any stretch — if you’re looking for someone to follow so that you can learn how to roller skate or learn some new tricks, you must absolutely follow Dirty Deborah Harry. She has a-lot of excellent youtube videos that teach you in an easy to understand way how to do every thing from standing in skates and skating backward to twirling and doing fun tricks.
- Follow on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/dirtydeborahharry/
- Watch on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhDm056yGqU
More Discoveries: Cool Roller Skaters To Follow on Social Media
Inspired by these awesome roller skaters to follow on Instagram, Tik Tok, and Youtube? Who are some of your favorite roller skaters to follow online? Drop down in the comments and share!